Did you ever create imaginary worlds as a child? They had limitless possibilities, didn’t they?
Do you remember the joy and freedom you felt? You could be a superhero, an astronaut, fly without wings, or communicate with animals. How carefree and excited you felt! The way was clear to be the most or best (fill in the blank) that you could dream. Anything was possible!
The unfettered realm
The imaginal realm is unfettered. This is the fly-high-as-you-can-go part of you that creates new universes via pictures. Pictures transcend all barriers, including language and culture. They are the connectors to your vast untapped potential. Do you think this capacity vanished as you grew up?
Creating pictures is the way you communicate with the unseen world, your unique connection with the energetic life force. You work with pictures to build an intimate relationship with the part of you that lives beyond what you already know. It is your vehicle for working with the universal energies that fuel individual manifestation.
Ready to explore your limitless possibilities?
Working with pictures takes time, attention and a willingness to explore the unknown.
Are you considering a new direction in life? Are you working on a project that has you stymied?
Take some quiet time to experiment and explore different scenarios.
- Recall the pictures or ideas that catch your attention.
- Have you fleshed out the details?
- Do you dismiss them as impossible? What if you didn’t?
- Are you creating reasons for not moving forward?
- Let your pictures expand with ideas and direction.
- Note how you feel in doing this.
- Connect the sensations with your vision.
- See where there is flow and where the energy gets stuck.
- Embrace what you hear and feel. Don’t discount it.
- If you feel any fear, tightness or restriction, take a few deep breaths. Simply notice the fear. Know that this is a natural response as you stretch beyond where you have been. Release it as you breathe out.
Let your picture settle in and revisit it in a day or two and see what changes.
The risk that’s work it
- Don’t allow fear to stop you from taking your next step!
- Do notice if this direction feels right to you.
- Does it open the door to other steps?
- If it feels like a dead-end, see if there are other steps to explore. If not, let the idea go.
- Make notes of your ideas and any side-paths that emerge and directions for your next step.
You are creating and the feeling of creation is dynamic.
- Determine the result you want. Build a picture of your desired outcome; it refines direction and brings clarity to your inner research. It sets a dynamic into motion.
- Refresh your picture as you take action. This allows different elements of your picture to surface.
- What resources are available?
- Is there information or additional training that you require?
- Are there others who could be a part of your picture?
When you set a dynamic into motion, people, situations and resources seem to come out of the woodwork!
The power of acting on your edge
This is a step by step process. Your pictures will change as things unfold. Action and focus are essential for your picture to be actualized. Let yourself take action that seems unusual or places you out on the edge! The edge is where you expand beyond your current boundaries.
When your actions are grounded in your inner guidance, you step forth with a sense of rightness.
Anything is possible. Follow the road of your dreams. You never know where it will take you!
Take a breath. Release it. Take another. Devote some dedicated time of concentration/meditation. It doesn’t need to be hours of quiet, perhaps only 15 minutes. Then allow the question to simmer within you. Let responses bubble up into your awareness. Notice new ways of thinking, of images or ideas that arise spontaneously. Pay attention to your dreams. Let it happen. Be aware. See where it leads you next. Let yourself savor this process of receiving from yourself. Don’t judge whatever comes up, just receive it. Make notes.
You may want to share something from this process. Sharing is an important way to anchor an insight in your body. It leads you to deeper insight. It can stimulate action.
Scroll down and add your comments. We’d love to hear from you!